We got a huge batch of new stickers designed by Matt Leunig from Scraped Knee. Come to a show and get yours!
Happy News!! Scary Little Friends is pleased to announce that a CD version of “From the Beginning” is now available for purchase on Amazon.com exclusively. If you would like to have a physical copy of our record but can’t make it to a show this is the only way to get one. Click the album to make it yours!
2013 was our first year as a band, and so many great things have happened in that short time. Here are some of the highlights:
- 1/11: Our first gig with current lineup (Chris, Jon and Charlie) at the MakeOut Room
- 7/15: Playing Brick & Mortar and meeting Baptist Generals
- 7/18: Opening for Caravan Palace at Rio Theatre in Santa Cruz
- 7/20: Playing the Crepe Place with a band that included THE Norah Jones on keys and vocals
- 7/21: Helping out and being a part of the first Muddy Mountain Music Festival in Ben Lomond
- 8/23: Rocking Moe’s Alley with all local bands on a Friday night!
- 9/13: Singing with Dan Beaulaurier at the Amnesia, SF
- 9/28: Appearing on KSCO AM1080 show, “It’s the Way of Love” with Ruth Copland
- 10/12: Sharing the stage with Debauche at the Boom Boom Room
- 11/1: Hanging with the Stone Foxes at Don Quixote’s for our first gig with FolkYeah!
- 11/2: We managed to bring down the house with the Wooden Suns at the Fernwood Resort in Big Sur without a PA system or stable electricity
- 11/9: Filming the video for “City at Night” with a house party in the Mission
- 12/6: Record Release Party at Bottom of the Hill with Blisses B and Papa Bear & the Easy Love. Special guests Jamie Coffis, Emily Schmidt, and Billy Cramer were all awesome.
- 12/27: Ending the year with a bang by opening for Chuck Prophet at the Crepe Place. It doesn’t get better than that!
I’m sure there are many more good times left off this list, but how can you remember every single amazing moment of a year that’s been filled with them? Thanks to all of you who have supported us over the past year, we are excited to make a new record and play even bigger shows in 2014!
Scary Little Friends is so excited to announce we are opening for one of our heroes at the Crepe Place in Santa Cruz on December 27th.
Chuck Prophet started in the band Green on Red back in the days of the Paisley Underground. He has since toured the world many times over and worked with everyone from Alejandro Escovedo to Jim Dickinson. You may have seen him on David Letterman. In any case, he is a huge influence and one of the greatest songwriters to ever call San Francisco home. We are beyond excited for this show.
It will be our official Santa Cruz record release party with special guests, T-shirts, posters, and (free) CD’s. Hope you all can make it!
We just finished our first music video for the song, “City at Night”, the first single from our new album, “From the Beginning”. The song is about the Mission District in San Francisco, we hope you enjoy it!
Big shout out and thank you to Ryan O’Donnell (director, main camera), Michael Short (camera), Mark Manuel (camera and rigging) and Jedidiah Stuber (editor)!